- 1 Finding Academic Computers and Printers
- 2 Computer Classrooms
- 3 Lectern and Podium Computers
- 4 Public Labs (non-classroom spaces) with computers
- 5 Departmental Computer Classrooms
- 6 Hours of operation
- 7 Discontinued Academic Computers
- 8 Availability of Academic and Public Computing Facilities
- 9 Notes and References
Finding Academic Computers and Printers
- Click on the name of a classroom or lab to find:
- an available computer (refer to Key).
- determine the location of printers and scanners
- see the capacity (number of computers) in that location.
- Click on (25Live) next to each classroom to check the class schedule for that location. These 25Live links give you the most up to date schedule for a particular space, as scheduled by the Events Management and Registrar's Offices.
- Click on [Map] next to each classroom to find that location on the College's own interactive campus map.
- General Hours of Operation are listed in the next section.
- A list of all the software for each lab is here: go/software.
- If you have any questions, please contact the Helpdesk.
|Room, Layout & Current Availability||Capacity||Scheduling|| |
| Axinn 105
||20 + 1 instructor station||(25Live)|| [Map]
||go/software||1||Summer Only||Summer Only||
|Davis Family Library 140 -||36 + 1||(25Live)||[Map]||go/software||0||go/lib?hours|
|Davis Family Library 220 (Wilson Media Lab)||17 + 1 instructor station||by Lib-ITS||[Map]||go/software||4||Summer Only||go/lib?hours|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall 116/117||24 + 1 instructor station|| (25Live)
|[Map]||go/software||2||Summer Only||Summer Only||
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - Armstrong 161||12 + 1 instructor station|| by Lib-ITS
||[Map]||go/software||0||Summer Only||Summer Only||go/lib?hours|
|Munroe Hall 214||20 + 1 instructor station|| (25Live)
|Sunderland 122||16 + 1 instructor station|| (25Live)
||[Map]||go/software||0||Summer Only||Summer Only|
|Sunderland 202||20 + 1 instructor station|| (25Live)
||50+||Any time||Any classroom||go/software||0||N/A||N/A||24/7|
NOTE: Headphones and headsets are removed from lab spaces after Language School.
Lectern and Podium Computers
Here are all the spaces on campus that have a podium (aka lectern) computer - basically a dedicated computer at the podium.
| Name and Availability
|| Location on Map
||Software||Hours of Operation|
|All of the Computer Classrooms listed above have a podium computer.|
Hillcrest: 103, 200
| Mahaney Center for the Arts (MCA):
| McCardell Bicentennial Hall Lecture Halls:
|McCullough Student Center|| (25Live)
||Standard faculty/staff image. Note Dave Klopfer stores this laptop in a secure location and it circulates in McCullough as needed.||N/A|
|Old Chapel: OCH Boardroom, OCH 206 and OCH 401|| (25Live)
||go/software. While 206 and 401 are regular lab/podium computers, the Boardroom podium computer has the standard faculty/staff image.||7am-5pm|
|Sunderland: SDL 130|| (25Live)
| Warner Lecture Halls:
202, 203, 207, 208, Hemicycle, 506, 507
| Schedule (25Live):
||go/software|| Mon-Fri 7am-11pm|
Public Labs (non-classroom spaces) with computers
These are spaces that are open to the College community but are outside classrooms. Typically, these spaces have carrels with computers. It is not possible to schedule these spaces - they are open and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
|Name and Availability||Capacity (# of Computers)|| Location on Map
||Software||Scanners||Hours of Operation|
|Davis Family Library - Main Level||44 + 11 kiosks|| [Map]
| Davis Family Library - Upper Level
||8 + 2 kiosks|| [Map]
| McCardell Bicentennial Hall - Armstrong Library
||20 + 3 kiosks|| [Map]
| McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH525
||go/software||0||See the MBH website.|
| Robert A. Jones House - Lower Level
||4 + 1 instructor station|| [Map]
Departmental Computer Classrooms
|Name||Capacity (# of Computers)||Schedule||Location on Map||Software||Scanners||Headphones||Microphones||Hours of operation|
|Center for the Arts - CFA320 (midi stations)||3||25Live||0||Yes||Yes||Scheduled internally through Music department.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH234 (arachnid lab)||8||Scheduled internally by Biology dep't||0||No||No||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH516-520||8||
|0||No||No||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH317 (Main GIS/Geology Lab/Classroom)||15 + 1||(25Live)||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH318 (GIS Cart/Portable Lab)||6||Scheduled internally by Geograhy and Geology dep't||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH319 (GIS/Geology Seminar Room / Lab)||14 + 1||(25Live)||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH326 (GIS/Geology Specialized Lab/classroom)||6||Scheduled internally by Geograhy and Geology dep't||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH546 (Chemistry/Bioinformatics teaching lab/classroom)||9|| Scheduled internally by Chemistry and Biology dep't
||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH505 (Computer science Mac lab)||23 + 1||(25Live)||See the MBH website.|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH632 (Computer science PC lab)||24||(25Live)||See the MBH website.|
|Center for the Arts - CFA210 (Electronic Music Studio/Classroom)||9||(25Live)|
|Johnson 208 (Photography Lab/Classroom)||8||(25Live)|
|Johnson 206 (Computer Lab)||18||Scheduled internally by HARC, Studio Art & Theater (25Live)|
|Axinn Basement FMMC Classroom/Lab||15||Scheduled internally by FMMC|
|Johnson 407 (Architecture Classroom/Lab)||2||Scheduled internally by HARC|
|Johnson 204 (Architecture Classroom/Lab)||2||Scheduled internally by HARC|
|Munroe 111||2||Scheduled internally by SOAN|
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH464/467 (Biology laptop lab)||10|| Schedule (25Live):
|McCardell Bicentennial Hall - MBH563 (Chemistry laptop lab)||12||(25Live)|
|Warner Hall - WNS501 (Econ laptop lab)||10||(25Live)|
Hours of operation
- The schedule of our Libraries can be found here: go/lib?hours.
- In general, other buildings are open 7am - midnight .
Discontinued Academic Computers
Availability of Academic and Public Computing Facilities
Scheduling Academic Computing Facilities (Classrooms)
Academic computing facilities are scheduled for course instruction by the Course Scheduling Office. For reserving a classroom for any other use, faculty, staff and student may contact the Event Scheduling Office. The web pages of these offices provide a better description of the guidelines for reserving academic spaces including computer classrooms. Note that the schedule/availability of each space is published on the Master Location Schedule. In this table we've also included direct links to the schedule for most popular computer classrooms.
Availability of Public Computers
Public computer facilities (e.g. Library carrel computers) are not available for reservation. These spaces are open when the respective building is open (exact times in this table) and are available on a first come, first serve basis to students, faculty and staff. Other patrons may use these spaces if they are available though may be asked to yield the space to students, faculty and staff.
Downtime of Academic and Public Computing Facilities
ITS reserves the right to perform maintenance on academic and public computing facilities any Sunday, between 3AM and 10AM, as well as anytime during the last weekend of the year. Other downtime may be scheduled during the academic year (including recesses), though this will be coordinated with the Offices of Course and Event Scheduling. Downtime is used for crucial updates to the hardware and software, as well as preventative maintenance.
Notes and References
- These locations are only available to Library and ITS staff, with some exceptions. The locations are scheduled internally through Library and ITS. Individuals may use these locations when there is nothing scheduled. The schedule is usually posted outside each location in the plaque with the room number.
- Kiosks, also known as "walkups", are computers that login automatically and offer limited web browsing capability, primarily for looking up library materials, and quick access to information. They are meant to be used for 5-10 mins at a time. Currently, it is not possible to print from these computers.