MIDCAT Search Alerts
Create a MIDCAT Search alert to keep yourself up-to-date on what the Libraries purchase:
- Go to My MIDCAT and log in using your Middlebury username and password.
- Click on "MIDCAT" to reach the Main Menu.
- Enter search terms that describe your topic and click "Go".
- On the results page, click on the "Save as preferred search" button that appears beside the search window.
- Click on the "Patron Record" button at the top of the screen.
- On the "My Record" screen, click on the "Preferred Searches" button.
- Your saved search will be displayed in a list. Select the "Mark for Email" box beside the search, then click "Update List".
- Every Monday, MIDCAT will search for materials that have been acquired within the past 2-9 days. If any materials matching your search terms are found, the records will be sent to you via email.
- To delete a Preferred Search, put a check mark in the "Mark to Remove" box beside the search you'd like to delete, then click "Update List".
- NOTE: Instead of having records sent via an email alert, you may simply log in to My MIDCAT and run a saved search at your convenience.
- "IN PROCESS" materials: Many of the records your search retrieves still will be in the process of being catalogued and labeled. Middlebury College ID holders may request items with an "IN PROCESS" status by clicking on the "Request" button at the bottom of the screen and filling out the online form. Once the processing is complete, the requestor will be notified that the item is available at the Circulation Desk.
- To limit your search to a particular library, location, or material type (e.g., videos), change the drop-down menu selection from "Middlebury College Libraries" to the limit you'd like to apply to your search.
- To limit your search by other parameters (e.g., languages), select the "Advanced" tab for the Advanced Keyword Search form.
Other ways to learn about new library collections
- Selected new acquisitions with browsable subjects and book covers go/newbooks.
- A full list of everything new we've purchased for the library is available here.
- Questions? Contact a Reference Librarian at x5496 or via email at Ask-A-Librarian.