Resources Available from Off-campus
See also: Off-Campus Access
Many computing and library resources and services are available to members of the College community when off-campus. This listing samples many of those most frequently used:
- Middfiles and other networked drives: For best results, use VPN.
- Email: Log in to http://go.middlebury.edu/mail
note: access to Middlebury email via the web looks most like Outlook if you use Internet Explorer.
For details, see the article on WebMail.
- Lynda online learning: To access thousands of video-based courses and movies, visit http://go.middlebury.edu/lynda then log in with your Middlebury username and password.
- Internet Native Banner (INB), Hyperion reporting, Nolij, and FAMIS: VPN use is required for these services.
- Campus Directory: To view entries in the campus directory, select the directory from Midd's web site (bottom right corner) or http://go.middlebury.edu/directory. When not logged in, some information in the directory may be hidden to the general public. To see more information as if you’re on campus, click “Log On” at the bottom of the page, and enter your Midd username and password.
- Research databases and indexes (e.g., JSTOR): Use the links at http://go.middlebury.edu/indexes and enter your Midd username and password when prompted. Once you’ve logged in for one database, your login will remain active for other databases you access during that session.
- Electronic journals (e.g., Science): Use the links at http://go.middlebury.edu/journals and enter your Midd username and password when prompted. Once you’ve logged in for one journal, your login will remain active for other journals you access during that session.
- Ebooks: You can find all of our ebooks (from EBL, EBSCO, Hathi Trust and other providers) in Summon and MIDCAT; enter your Midd username and password if prompted.
- RefWorks: For the access code which will allow you to use RefWorks from off-campus, log in to Group Code (off-campus access to RefWorks).
- Book renewals: Go to My MIDCAT (http://go.middlebury.edu/mymidcat). View the items checked out to you and select those which you'd like to renew. Please contact Library Circulation (below) with any questions about renewing, returning or borrowing.
- Interlibrary Loan -- articles: If you’re away from campus in a study abroad program or on sabbatical, you may request electronic delivery of articles. Requests can be placed from many of our research databases, and articles will be sent to your ILLiad account. You also may go directly to ILLiad (http://go.middlebury.edu/ill) to place an article request. (Please do not request books when you will not be available to pick them up in Middlebury.) For more information see: Information for Off-Campus ILL Patrons
- NExpress direct borrowing (and returning): If you're visiting any of our partner libraries, just bring your MiddCard and you'll be able to check their books out. You can return the books to a NExpress library too. Search all NExpress libraries at http://go.middlebury.edu/nexpress, or search individual library catalogs here:
Bates College : Library : Catalog
Bowdoin College : Library : Catalog
Colby College : Library and Catalog
Middlebury College : Library : Catalog
Northeastern University : Library : Catalog
Wellesley College : Library and Catalog
Williams College : Library : Catalog