Scanning to a Mac Using Image Capture
Flat bed document scanners are currently installed in the Media Lab on some of our Mac computers. We have a large format scanner attached to Wilson 15. In addition, in the carrels outside the lab, more scanners are attached to some of the Mac computers. These scanners are open for use at any time.
- Launch the Image Capture Application
- Place the item(s) you want to scan on the scanner bed.
- Click either the Overview or Scan button.
- Change some of the default options on the Image Capture dialog box. Options include:
- * Change Resolution to: 300 dpi
- * Auto selection options include: Detect Enclosing Box option to include all the items on the scanner bed in one image or Detect Separate Items option to have scanned objects. Each item will be stored in a separate file.
- * Scan to: Preferably to Desktop
- * Select the appropriate format for your needs. Additional information about image file types can be found here.
Note: For scanning multiple items into one PDF Folder, make sure to check the box to “combine into single document” in case of PDF.
- Click” Scan” to scan.