Assets (Web Help Desk)
- We have "auto increment asset no." unchecked as we use asset number as the Midd Tag and need to be able to control what that number is.
- We have nothing else set on this page
- A listing of all Asset types
- Clicking on one lets you choose which Custom fields (below) will appear for that type of asset. (NOTE: When creating a new custom field, you must then assign it to various Asset types here.)
- Also contains tabs for Status, Warranty, and Lease. Of these, we use Status.
Asset custom fields
- A list of all Asset custom fields. Click on one to edit.
- The order in this list is the order they will appear in Asset records.
- Best practice tip: when creating a custom field, preface it with the Asset type that will be the primary user, and try to group it with similar fields. (ie. all Phone: custom fields grouped together.)
- Some fields have (archival) in the title. These are fields that we no longer use but that contain information that we wanted to retain.
- A note about the custom field "Department (list)". Because this field is so long, editing it is cumbersome. Therefore, an FAQ has been created that contains the same list in a more editable format. (FAQ 152). Edit the list in the FAQ, copy it, save the FAQ, then paste into the custom field.
Manufacturers and models
- A list of Manufacturers. Clicking on one brings up additional info about the manufacturer. The Models tab at the top brings up a list of that Manufacturer's models.
- NOTE: In the Asset module, The "Model" dropdown menu contains both model AND manufacturer as one field.
- In order to add a new model, you also need to know what type of asset it is.
- Best practice: be consistent with the model names - look for similar names and add new ones in the same capitalization, spacing, punctuation, etc.
We have not made use of Vendors.
- This is where the link to KeyServer lives. It contains the sync schedule and attribute mapping. Don't mess with it.
- See the Web Helpdesk to KeyServer sync documentation.
PO custom fields
We do not use PO custom fields.