BlackBox Wireless Presentation
Wireless Video Presentation System II by BlackBox
- power supply
- USB key
January term, 2011: RESERVED for use in MBH311 by Professor Chris Watters
QuickStart Instructions - page numbers refer to instruction manual on USB key. user manual pages - manual is kept on USB key
Quick setup for WPS box (p.9):
- Connect the VGA cable to the WPS box’s VGA connector
- Turn on the WPS box using the On/Off switch at the rear of the box
Plug in Ethernet cable from active connection to port on WPS. Admin login allows changing of whether no traffic is passed (default), all, or just http/https. More about this in the manual.
- Must be joined to WPS wireless network - see below
- Load web page for WPS - http://ip_address where the IP address is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Record the 4-digit code at top left of screen - to be shared with all who need to connect in that session. -- can click on red button on conference control to get back to original window with code.
- Click on conference control link and enter password. Manage list of connected computers and choose which to display.
Quick Start Guide for PC (p.10):
- Enable your laptop wireless and select WPS
- Open your browser. Type web address of the WPS in the address bar and click enter (ex: http://220.127.116.11) -- steps 2-4 can be done in advance by installing software for Windows located in Handouts folder for course on Middfiles.
- Click on the "Download" link
- Download the client software. Select Run as required. A WPS shortcut will appear on your desktop
- Open WPS-VideoPro from link; "Unblock" for the Windows Firewall if necessary.
- Enter the Login Code, which will be located in the upper left of the projection screen.
- Click on the Play button to begin projection - not applicable, if joining session with conference control
Quick Start Guide for Mac (p.28)
- Insert thumbdrive into USB port. Click Ignore if warning box appears. -- May install in advance by retrieving software located in Handouts folder for course on Middfiles.
- Dbl-Click WVS-Pro.dmg folder
- Once the WPS-Pro menu box appears, drag the WPS-Pro file to Applications
- Close all windows and eject thumb drive
- In the wireless selector, select WPS, press enter
- Open Applications, open WPS-Pro
- Enter the Login Code, which will be located in the upper left of the projection screen
- Click on the Play button to begin projection- not applicable, if joining session with conference control
- NOTE—Macs will only be able to present, no other functions are available at this time.