Category:AMST Senior Work
SENIOR WORK IN AMERICAN STUDIES
Click here for a complete list of American Studies essay and thesis deadlines.
HOW TO BEGIN:
- The Library maintains an online research guide for students completing senior work
- Other research aids
- Consult a reference librarian (This can be extremely helpful!):
- Arrange an appointment with Andrew Wentink, Library liaison for American Studies
- Or, complete a Research consultation request form
WRITE A PROSPECTUS:
- Formulate an argument
- Situate your argument relative to existing scholarship
- Explain how you will use primary sources
- Explain how you will organize the body of your essay or thesis
- Compile a preliminary bibliography
COMPLETING YOUR ESSAY OR THESIS:
- Completing your essay:
- Completing your thesis:
FORMATTING YOUR COMPLETED ESSAY OR THESIS
- Style guides
- Title page template
- Sample table of contents page (for thesis writers only)
- Bibliography guide
After you have completed your essay (or a substantial portion of your thesis) you will be asked to present a poster representing your project in an evening poster session with other AMST seniors. Scheduling details will follow.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "AMST Senior Work"
The following 8 pages are in this category, out of 8 total.
Media in category "AMST Senior Work"
This category contains only the following file.