Changes to Mac Image
Changes to the image include:
- the 1st time the customers log in, the computer must be connected to the wired etherent network at the college. The 1st time the customers log in, they must use their college username and college password.
- Office 2008 is included. By default is saves files in the older format. Use the "Save As" option to save to the new (2007) format. Entourage 2008 is configured semi-automatically when the customers 1st login. They can, but do not have to use it.
- TimeMachine will not automatically offer disks for backup. Consult the Time Machine help if you want to use Time Machine for backups (Applications => Time Machine). We don't recommend it.
- iMovie 6 (aka HD) and iMovie 7 (aka '08) are both part of the image. There are significant differences between the two. Consult the documentation of iMovie 7 for details (iMovie => Help menu).
- Symantec AntiVirus 10.2 is included, with automatic updates turned on (through the scheduler application)
- The firewall is turned on by default. Open System Preferences => Security => Firewall and use the Help button for more details.