Labs and Classrooms
ITS maintains around 17 computer labs accessible across campus. These labs:
- all are connected to the network and to a nearby printer
- all allow you to log on using your Middlebury username and password
- all have the Microsoft Office suite installed (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook / Entourage) as well as other standard applications
- are mostly PCs with Windows XP, but some are all Mac computers
- some have Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. installed
- go/findapc, go/findamac, or go/findaprinter - view live status of many labs on campus.
- Lab Maps - see the computers available in a classroom (in the works)
Software and technology available in labs
- go/software - a table of software available in each classroom (PDF)
- Directory of all classrooms on campus - lists available A/V equipment, DVD, VHS, LCD projector, etc.
Scheduling of spaces
- go/mls - see when classrooms and other spaces are scheduled for use
- go/r25 - scheduling information about classrooms and other facilities
Smart classroom help
- go/media - guides to technology etc. in each classroom.
- Smart Classroom Documentation - instructions for using A/V equipment and computers with projection
Smart classroom troubleshooting
See also PC laptop projection problems.
- Video cable (VGA, HDMI) is connected firmly to correct port
- System has powered ON
- Projector is ON
- If the projector is on, it will project a message in one of the corner, at least indicating it is ON
- Dell laptops: Press the Function (Fn) key and the F8 key together (Fn+F8), then wait a few seconds
- This toggles the display mode so the laptop is using its LCD, as well as the video connection
- Other PC laptops may have a similar keyboard combination, usually indicated by the symbolic representation of a computer screen
- If your laptop's LCD is showing your Desktop, but the LCD is only projecting your desktop background:
- Right-click on a blank spot on the Desktop:
- Vista: select "Personalize"
Password Protected Classrooms
The audio/visual equipment in Dana Auditorium, Sunderland 110, Twilight Auditorium, and the Old Chapel boardroom is password protected. Please contact the Helpdesk x2200 for the passwords. Helpdesk staff can visit the Internal Wiki for more information.
Lab Reports : Keyserver reports on labs
Getting reports and statistics from keyserver about the usage of our public computer labs, classrooms and auditoriums: [ in the works ]