Clemens Animated Story
List of Technologies
-Blender UV Mapping
-Blender Skeletal Animation
-Photoshop Texture Creation
-Blender Scene Creation
In order to complete this project the animator should be comfortable with modeling. Being a proficient modeler and animator means that the individual can easily accurately reproduce objects in his or her environment. As a consequence it is highly recommended that new animators avoid this project until after they have completed a few other animation projects.
A detailed animation project also requires the ability to use a photoediting application to create .jpg skins for modeled objects. The process of creating a .jpg skin is known as UV mapping. In essence the animator must model an object then cut the edges of the object to flatten it. Finally the animator draws on the flattened image and remaps it on to the model.
The basic components of animating must be familiar ground to this project's team. They will mostly use keyframing but path animation may be of use as well. Since skeleton's will be provided and are available through open source distributions it is not necessary to know how to build a skeleton. It is however necessary to know how to animate a human level skeleton. This will require some investment of time to learn.
- Create the landscape or architectural scene using smooth surfaces and solid colors to keep render times to a minimum.
- Create structures and small models for a scene using small 64x64 textures.
- Create the mesh for animation using blender for minimal realism or makehuman for higher realism.
- Attach the mesh to a skeleton using blender.
- Animate the movements of the characters using keyframes in pose mode
- Render Animation