Creating a local user on a Windows computer that's joined to a domain
Creating a Local user on a Windows XP computer joined to the middlebury.edu domain Note: This document is meant for Helpdesk consultants and staff only Tracking details: Author: Amy Hoffman Revised: 12/21/2007
- Go to Control Panel, User Accounts.
- Click on the Advanced Tab, then on the Advanced button.
- Double Click on the Users Folder on the left.
- Then go to Action > New User.
- Create the user.
- Then go back to the Groups folder and select the group with the appropriate permissions (usually Users, Power Users or Administrators, depending on how much power this local user needs).
- Click the Add Button.
- Click Locations.
- Choose the local machine.
- Type in the username, then click Check Names
- Click OK.
- You are done.