Drupal Email Newsletters
The preset designs we use for email newsletters are now fully integrated into Drupal's theme system. This means that you can change the theme setting on a page and see the content on that page as it will appear in the newsletter. You can then copy the URL of that page into the List Manager service directly when ready to send your newsletter.
Create a New Page for your Newsletter
- Browse to a section of the site where you would like the content for your newsletter to appear and log in.
- Click on Add Sub-page in the orange Sub-pages section of the Edit Console.
- Give the page a title, e.g. "MiddNews March 2015"
- Give the page a URL, e.g. "middnews-march-2015"
- Click on the Apearance tab.
- Under Theme for this page and its children select the newsletter theme you would like to use, e.g. newsletter_middnews_general.
- Click the Create sub-page button at the bottom of the page.
You can now add your content to the page as normal, either by creating new News or Basic Content nodes, or using the Pages tab when editing an existing node.
Create an Email in List Manager from your Page
- Login into List Manager at http://go.middlebury.edu/lmw and make sure you are in the context of the list you will be sending your newsletter from.
- Click on "Content" and choose "New Content".
- Add "Content Name", "Description" (content name is required).
- Add appropriate "From", "To", "Subject" values.
- Click on the "HTML Message" tab
- Click the "Insert URL" button below the content area.
- Click on the "Web Page" tab.
- Enter the URL of your content and click the "Insert" button. The URL will be the address of the page you created in the Create a New Page for your Newsletter steps above.
- Click on the "Text Message" tab and the click on the "HTML to Email" button.
- Click the "Create Mailing" button.
- From here you can send a test or send the email.