The Drupal Event content type can be used to list information about upcoming events. It is formatted to look similar to a list of News stories when presented in a list. This feature was originally only available on the Sustainability section of the site, but can now be used anywhere on the main Middlebury instance of Drupal.
- Make sure you are logged on.
- Navigate to the page where you would like the event to appear.
- Located the "Edit Console" at the top of the page. Click Add in the blue Content section.
- Click the Event link.
- If the Event link does not appear, please open a Helpdesk ticket and let us know the URL of the page.
- Provide content for each of these fields:
- Title: this is the title or name of the event.
- Image: optionally, associate an image with this event.
- Short Description: a description of the event which will appear in lists of events.
- Date & Time: when the event will occur.
- Check All Day if the event does not occur at a specific time during the day.
- Check Show End Date to include an end date or (more often) time for the event.
- An event can have multiple date and times. Click Add another item to include more dates.
- Location: add at least a Location Name, which will appear as the location when the event is show in a list. You can optionally add an address, contact information, and geolocate the event location.
- Body: the description of the event which will appear when the event is viewed singularly.
- Click Save.
Events will appear in "list" form on a page. Clicking on the title will bring you to the singular view.