Enable Extended Desktop on Thin Clients
- Power on the Thin Client. It will login automatically under a generic username.
- Click on Stary => Shutdown and choose "Log Off User". Click OK and immediately press and hold the Shift key on the keyboard.
- At the login screen release the shift key and login with the username "Administrator" (you can obtain the password from the lab managers).
- When logged in as Administrator, double-click the orange icon on the Desktop labeled "Disable Write Filter". The computer will reboot.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 to login again as Administrator.
- Open Start => Settings => Control Panel => Display => Settings tab.
- Select the second monitor and check the box "Extend my Windows desktop...", then click OK.
- Double-click the orange icon on the Desktop labeled "Disable Write Filter". The computer will reboot and you're done.
Illustrated instructions are available at www.wyse.com/kb -- do a search for 13203 (you should get a link for Enabling Expanded and Span mode).