Installing the CONTENTdm client
(Redirected from Installing the ContentDM client)
CONTENTdm is the digital collection management system used by Middlebury College. To learn more about CONTENTdm, visit the CONTENTdm page.
Installing the CONTENTdm Client
- Patrons and customers need not install anything and can view the CONTENTdm collections on the CONTENTdm page.
- Staff using CONTENTdm to manage the digital collection do need to install the CONTENTdm Client. The Instructions for installing the client (for Windows PCs) are listed below.
- Obtain the cerial number for the ContentDM client by contacting the Helpdesk.
- Once you have the serial number, open the ContentDM folder on middfiles (N:\orgs\LIS\LISstaff\Collection Management Cluster\CONTENTdm_projectclient).
- Before installing the client, double-click the winxp_plainpassword file. This will allow you to connect to some of the file servers used by the client.
- Open the latest installer for the client and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, restart the computer.