Using our LDAP server you can connect your Mail client or Address Book to the College's directory server.
Connecting Apple's Address Book to Middlebury's LDAP Server
- Open Address Book.
- Click on the Address Book menu (top left corner), then click "Preferences".
- Click "LDAP" on the top, then click the plus "+" button.
- In the window that appears fill out the fields as follows:
- Name: ad.middlebury.edu
- Server: ad.middlebury.edu
- Leave the port as it is (it will automatically change during the next steps).
- Place a checkmark next to "Use SSL". That will allow you to checkmark "Allow self-signed certificates", as well. The port will automatically change to 636.
- Search base: dc=middlebury,dc=edu
- Leave the Scope set at "Subtree".
- Authentication: Simple.
- User name: MIDD\yourusername
- Password: Your college password
- Here's a picture of properly configured LDAP settings:
- Click Save and close the window. Now under "Directories", in Address Book, you will find "ad.middlebury.edu". You can use the search box to search for e-mail addresses, as well as first/last names, and anything that can be found on the College's directory (http://go.middlebury.edu/dir).