Related link: How do I find my MS Office Version?
|NOTE: You should install the latest version of Microsoft Office using the instructions on the Microsoft Office page. Only install Office 2016 if your computer is too old to run the latest version of office.|
You should install the latest version of Microsoft Office using the instructions on the Microsoft Office page. Only install Office 2016 if your computer is too old to run the latest version of office.
Please note: Office 2016 applications are no longer grouped together inside a Microsoft folder. Instead, you will find the individual programs listed separately on the All Programs menu (on a PC) or located directly inside the Applications folder (on a Mac).
Refer to the appropriate link below for installation instructions:
- Windows: Install "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" via KACE Self Service.
- Mac: Install "Office 2016 for Mac" via JAMF Pro's Self Service -- requires OS 10.10 (Yosemite) or higher; OS upgrades are also available via the Self Service utility.
Visit go/getoffice for installation details.
How to Learn More about Office 2016
Take a Short Course using Lynda
- For Windows (PC): Office 2016 and Office 365 New Features (only 45 min.)
- Office 2013 New Features (2 hrs 31min) Although Office 2013 was never widely in use on campus, this release includes some handy new features. You don't need to go through the entire course -- just watch the videos for the programs you use. For example, in about 15 minutes you can review Excel's new features.
- For Macs: Office for Mac 2016 New Features (1.5 hrs)
Use Microsoft's Resources
- Office Training Center
- What's New & Improved in Office 2016?
- What's New & Improved in Office 2016 for Macs?
- Office 2016 Quick Start Guides
- Office 2016 Quick Start Guides for Macs