How to Install Perceptive Content
The Perceptive Content client is only available for Windows. Mac users have two options:
Mac users who do not need to scan documents may use the web version of Content: WebNow
Mac users who need to scan documents must connect through RDS. See here for instructions: Remote Desktop Services
Install the software (Windows only) Middlebury campus
- For best results, use a wired (Ethernet) connection from on-campus.
- Visit https://vigo.middlebury.edu (or use http://go/kss).
- Log in with your Middlebury username and password; leave the Organization field blank.
- Note: Your email address will not work on this site; you must use your username.
- Click the blue Want Software? button.
- Click the blue 'Install Perceptive Content Desktop Client' link.
- Click the blue Install button.
- You'll be brought to a Download History window. Be patient, it takes the installer some time to start. You'll soon see the installation Wizard working.
- If the Wizard asks to install software please allow it.
- When the installation is almost done you may see this error:
- Don't worry about the error. Click OK and your installation should be complete.
- Log out of the download site by clicking "Log Out" in the upper right hand of the window.
- Perceptive Content is installed but you need to restart your computer to see it.
- After restarting you should see the Content shortcut, on your desktop. Double-click it to get the login screen.
- If your login screen already shows MiddleburyProd (see below) above the username then you're all set. If not follow the instructions under Set up a Connection Profile.
Set up a Connection Profile
- In the upper left of the login screen click Connection Profiles, then Edit Connection Profiles.
- Click the Create button. Fill the screen out as show below.
- If you'll be using the test system create one for dev:
Install the software (Windows Only) Monterey campus
Contact the Monterey help desk to install the software for you.