Release and Renew IP Address
Windows 7 - Release and Renew IP Address
- Click on the Start button and in the search box type cmd
- In the list of results, right-click on cmd.exe and click Run as Administrator.
- In the User Account Control window click Continue.
- In the window that appears type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- After a brief delay the IP address will be released.
- Type in ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
If you have a working network connection this will renew your IP resolving any connection issues.
Mac OS X, thru Sierra (10.12) - Release and Renew IP Address
- Click on the Apple logo (top left corner), click System Preferences. In the window that appears click Network.
- Click on Ethernet in the list on the left, then click the button Advanced in the lower right corner.
- Under the TCP/IP tab click the button Renew DHCP Lease. Click the OK button.
Further Network Troubleshooting