As the database is out on the <<middfiles>>\org\controllers files\windstar (I think I remember the path correctly) you have 2 options.
1) From the R2 box, go to the Windstar\Client Update folder and run setup.
- Disable UAC
- No Key installed
- Run as admin
- Next, next, next on the install options (not sure how many)
- Once complete, plug in the key
This will install a copy of Tax Nav on the R2 box pointing to the current production data
2) Copy the Windstar folder and all subfolders to a different location
- Run setup as above from the new location
This will create a separate instance of Tax Nav talking to a copy of production that you can test with.