User:Zachary Schuetz/Wiki Training
Intro: What is wiki? Why use it? When? How?
- LIS use, academic use
- Similar tools: Drupal, Wordpress, Gdocs
- Look around first - the content you’re thinking of probably exists in some form and can be updated.
- Don’t re-invent the wheel - someone else has probably had this situation before, and written about it!
- Good idea to check w/ staff before or after updating a page.
Create user page with a good ToC, couple lists, text in different formats, internal links, external links. Notes:
- Newlines under headers are ignored.
- Use the History pages and the undo button to revert changes.
- Upload images and other files by going to Tools - Upload file on the left, then following the instructions on that page.
- Just one newline will be ignored; use two newlines for a new paragraph.