Using the Scanners from Public Computer Labs
A number of our public computer labs have scanners, their numbers and location are outlined at go/findapc. Most of the are connected to PC (Windows) computers. Scanning is done using Microsoft_Office_Document_Scanning. The general procedure for scanning is this:
- Turn on the scanner (some of the scanners are always on and don't have a power button, but some do).
- If the scanner has a green LED that indicates its status, wait for the green light to stop blinking. This indicates that the scanner is ready to accept scans.
- Place your document in the scanner, close the lid.
- Open Microsoft Office Document Scanning (a shortcut is available on the Desktop and on Start => Programs => MS Office => Microsoft Office Tools).
- Follow the instructions in this article: Microsoft_Office_Document_Scanning.
- When done, remember to take your documents from the scanner.
If you have any questions, please contact the Helpdesk.