What to do if a monitor doesn't turn on
- Check the power cord on the back of the monitor, it should be fully inserted. Take it out, wait a few seconds, re-insert it.
- Check the power cord that's plugged into the power outlet on the wall, it should be fully inserted. Take it out, wait a few seconds, re-insert it.
- Test the power outlet on the wall using another device.
- Test the power cord on the back of the monitor by plugging it into a different outlet AND a different monitor.
- Test the monitor by connecting it to a different computer, or disconnecting it completely from a computer - this should start the monitors built-in self test.
- Reboot the computer. May be necesarry to unplug the computers power cord, along with the monitors power cord, wait a few seconds then reinsert them.
Computer Monitor not turning on in a SMART Classroom
If the computer monitor in a SMART classroom is not turning on, but the computer is ON, try turning on the SMART classroom system from the touch panel. The Helpdesk should create a ticket for issues such as this. Let us know if turning on the SMART classroom system helped.