ACRL-New England: Annual Conference 2008
This is a summary report of the Association of College & Research Libraries-New England Chapter annual conference attended by: Richard Jenkins, Judy Watts, Joy Pile, Joe Antonioli, Jean Simmons, and Steve Bertolini. It was held at the University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, on April 18, 2008.
- Bryan Alexander, NITLE Director of Research: Cyberculture, Academia, & the New Web
- James G. Neal, V.P. for Information Services & University Librarian, Columbia University: The Library in the Academy: Where Are We Going, and How Will We Get There, and Who Cares?
- Brian Mathews, User Experience Librarian, Georgia Tech: Think Like a Media Mogul: Experiential marketing for Academic Libraries
- Panel of Keynote Speakers: moderated by Linda Plunket, Head, Pickering Educational Resources Library School of Education, Boston University
- ACRL-NE annual business meeting
- Poster Sessions
Three concurrent breakout sessions were available.
- Panel Discussion on Digital Media Facilities & Collections: Julie DeCesare, Debra H. Mandel, Steeven Park
- Collaborative Development of Visual Literacy Tools: Ian McDermott, Barbara Rockenbach, Danuta A. Nitecki
- Do You Need a Videographer in Your Library?: Nick Baker