The following are links to ITS recommended accessories so that users and departments may directly purchase them themselves:
USB-C port replicators:
These are mostly for Macbooks but will also work on our newer Dells that have USB-C ports.
- Anker 5-in-1. This is the one normally distributed with each Macbook.
- Lenovo 6-in-1. Larger, includes SD card reader and power passthrough but one less USB port.
Mice and keyboards:
Note: wireless accessories operate at the same frequencies as wifi and can cause interference resulting in connectivity and performance issues for your computer any other users in your office. Because of this, wireless accessories are not advised unless absolutely necessary.
- Amazon Basics wireless mouse. Uses AAA batteries
- Logitech M525 wireless mouse. A bit larger than the Amazon one, uses AA batteries
- Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse. No wireless dongle required when used with our standard laptops.
- Logitech MK270 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Combo.
- Rechargeable AA batteries + charger
- Rechargeable AAA batteries + charger
- Monitors are extremely nuanced with most models you'll find are low-quality and below the standards of what ITS issues. Please contact the helpdesk or enter a ticket with your monitor request so that an ITS staff member can discuss your monitor needs and options. ITS will handle ordering the monitors through our Dell sales rep as well as arrange to have it properly connected and configured for you.
Cables and adapters
Items in this category can be confusing and nuanced. If you have any questions about what you need for your situation, please contact the helpdesk for assistance.
BiDir = same cable as opposite direction
DP = DisplayPort
TB2 = Thunderbolt 2. Looks identical to mini-DP but has added capability. For video only, see the mini-DP options.
TB3 = Thunderbolt 3. Looks identical to USB-C but has added capability. For video only, see the USB-C options.
n/a = Nature of the connection makes this not easy/applicable