Account Deletion for Graduating Seniors
This is a sample of an email sent to seniors at the end of the Spring Term.
Your campus accounts (email, file server, personal webpages) are deleted 6 months after graduation. You will receive email warnings about one month prior to account deletion. Visit http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/lis/help/helpdesk/documentation/network/file/cross/ to find out how to back up files from file servers and personal web pages from Midd-Unix (Community). You may export your email with various email programs (other than Webmail); if you do not already have a program configured, you may set up an email connection by following the instructions here http://www.middlebury.edu/academics/lis/help/helpdesk/documentation/email/imap_pop3_smtp.htm in conjunction with the documentation provided with your email client for exporting your mail.
- Forwarding email: you may forward your Middlebury College email account to another account of your choosing by visiting http://go.middlebury.edu/forward BUT THIS FORWARDING WILL CEASE TO WORK when your account is deleted after graduation.
- Lifelong email: the alumni office offers a Lifelong E-mail forwarding account to all Middlebury alumni. Find out more at http://www.middlebury.edu/alumni/resources/
Software on your computer
Microsoft Office and Symantec AntiVirus
As a Middlebury student, you may install Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), as well as Symantec AntiVirus. However, both the Office installers and the antivirus installer are only available while you are on the College campus.
- Office installers can be checked out from the Library.
- Antivirus software is available at http://go.middlebury.edu/antivirus
Additionally, we advise you to run updates on your computer (instructions for Windows & Macintosh) before you leave campus, as we have a fast network that will speed installation. Should you run into complications, we will be readily available to help you troubleshoot. Updating your software is an ongoing task, though, that should be done regularly.
Computers bought through Middlebury program
Should you run into problems with your computers after graduation, you may find one of these numbers useful:
- Dell Technical Support: http://www.dell.com/support or 800-234-1490 (x7269080 for Latitude; x7269077 for Optiplex)
- Apple Technical Support: http://www.apple.com/support or 800-800-2775.
Feel free to contact us with any questions: call (x2200), email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or stop by our office in the new library.