Acq Staff FAQS
ACQ STAFF FAQS
Acquisitions Procedures on LISWiki
When to send order inquiry to liaisons 1. Items in most disciplines, costing up to $100, are generally purchased by Acquisitions automatically.
2. Items in the sciences, art history, architecture, and classics, costing up to $200 are generally purchased by Acquisitions automatically.
3. Items costing $101 to $500 in most disciplines are purchased with liaison review.
4. Items in the sciences, art, and architecture, costing $201-$500 are purchased with liaison review.
5. Items above $501 are sent directly to the Head of Collections to review in collaboration with the appropriate liaison or collection development advisory group.
6. Requests for standing order series will be reviewed by the Head of Collections in collaboration with the appropriate liaison or collection development advisory group
Special Collections price parameter
10/5/12 Rebekah discussed with Andy Wentink: items costing $500.00 or more should live in Special Collections
Where do DVDs live?
Costing $194.99 or less : will live in Browsing (unless liaison ask otherwise)
Costing $195.00 or more: will live behind the desk in Media Circ
If Acq has difficulty purchasing dvd—it may end up in Media Circ even is cost is less
How to X-hold (DRA lingo) or transfer records from one bib to another using Millennium
1. Get bib record that is attached to the order records you want to transfer (this bib will possibly be deleted)
2. EDIT: transfer attached; find bib
3. Enter bib of record you want to send the order record to. (If you open both orders at the very beginning, the choice will be offered)
4. Click EDIT at top of page
5 USE BIB (top right box)
6 Transfer and keep source or Transfer and delete source
Replacement costs for lost items
Circ deals with this but relevant to Acq: general book replacement cost is $100 ($25 for browsing) but for OP or other special items Acq will determine the replacement cost.