Add Another Mailbox in Outlook
Get Appropriate Permissions To The Mailbox
It is easy to add an additional mailbox to your folder list in Microsoft Outlook. You must have permissions to another person’s or organization’s mailbox before can see anything in it however. The mailbox owner should do the following to give you permission:
- Start Outlook.
- In the Folder List pane, right-click on the main mailbox (Outlook Today – [Mailbox – Lastname, Firstname], and then select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Mailbox Properties dialog box opens.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Add. The Add Users dialog box opens.
- In the Type Name or Select from List field, type the lastname of the person to which you want to give permissions.
- Select the person from the list below, and then click Add.
- Click OK. You are returned to the Permissions tab of the Properties dialog box.
- Add permissions using one of the following methods:
- Select a Role from the Permission Level drop-down list.
- Click to check individual permissions.
- Click OK.
- Repeat this process for each subfolder open to the person.
Add The Mailbox To Your Folder List
If you are a delegate and routinely respond to e-mail for someone else, you may want to add their mailbox to your account for quick access. You must have been granted at least Reviewer permission to open their mailbox and see it in your Folder List.
- From the Tools menu, select E-Mail Accounts. The E-mail Accounts dialog box opens.
- Click the View or change existing e-mail accounts radio button to bullet it.
- Click Next.
- In the list, select Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Click Change.
- Click More Settings. The Microsoft Exchange Server dialog box opens.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Add. The Add Mailbox dialog box opens.
- In the Add Mailbox field, type the mailbox name of the person whose mailbox you want to add to your folder list in Lastname, Firstname format. If you do not know the mailbox name of the person, contact your administrator.
- Click OK twice to close dialog boxes. You are returned to the E-mail Accounts dialog box.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
If you have the 2007 version of Outlook the process is slightly different. Below are the directions:
- With Outlook 2007 open, Click Tools, Account Settings
- Click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click Advanced Tab then Click Add
- Type in name of additional / secondary mailbox and Click OK
- Veriy new Mailbox is listed under "Open these additional mailboxes" Click OK
- Click Next
- Type in name of additional / secondary mailbox and Click' OK