Add Another Mailbox in Outlook
Get Appropriate Permissions To The Mailbox
It is easy to add an additional mailbox to your folder list in Microsoft Outlook. You must have permissions to another person’s or organization’s mailbox before can see anything in it however. The mailbox owner should do the following to give you permission:
- Start Outlook.
- In the Folder List pane, right-click on the main mailbox (
Outlook Today – [Mailbox – Lastname, Firstname], and then select Properties from the pop-up menu. The Mailbox Properties dialog box opens.
- Click the Permissions tab.
- Click Add. The Add Users dialog box opens.
- In the Type Name or Select from List field, type the lastname of the person to which you want to give permissions.
- Select the person from the list below, and then click Add.
- Click OK. You are returned to the Permissions tab of the Properties dialog box.
- Add permissions using one of the following methods:
- Select a Role from the Permission Level drop-down list.
- Click to check individual permissions.
- Click OK.
- Repeat this process for each subfolder open to the person.
Add a Mailbox in Outlook 2016 for Mac
If you are a delegate and routinely respond to e-mail for someone else, you may want to add their mailbox to your account for quick access. You must have been granted at least Reviewer permission to open their mailbox and see it in your Folder List.
Add a mailbox to your Outlook folder view as follows:
- Click on Tools > Accounts then select your Exchange account at left.
- Click the Advanced… button in the lower right.
- Click the Delegates tab.
- Click the plus ("+") sign below the lower "Open these additional mailboxes" pane, then enter the name of the mailbox to which you have access. Click OK to select the mailbox.
- Click OK to close the Accounts window.
- The mail folders, calendar, contacts, etc for that mailbox should now be visible, assuming the owner has granted you delegate permissions.
Add Mailbox in Outlook 2010-2016 for Windows
- With Outlook open, click the File tab.
- In the Info section, click the Account Settings button then choose Account Settings from the drop-down list.
- Double-click on your email address in the Name column. The Change Account dialog box opens.
- Click More Settings button. The Microsoft Exchange dialog box opens.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Click Add button. The Add Mailbox dialog box opens.
- In the Add mailbox field type the display name (the last name may be enough) of the mailbox you want to add and then click OK. The mailbox name should be added to the Open these additional mailboxes list.
- Click Apply then OK.
- On the Change Account dialog box click Next and then click Finish.
- Close the Account Settings and the Mail Setup – Outlook dialog boxes.