Advanced Web Help Desk Topics
This is a collection of cool features or findings that are real Web Help Desk time savers. See also Basic Web Help Desk Topics.
For commonly-asked questions you can save time by using FAQ instructions that have already been written down. It's quicker -- and you won't have to worry about forgetting to include something important. Here's how:
- Starting from an open ticket, click the green + to add a new note.
- Type any desired message text.
- Now, click the Link FAQ button.
- Search for the desired FAQ using the Category drop-down list or perhaps by specifying a word or phrase in the Contains field. (The orange Search button is located on the far right!)
- From the search results list, click the Link FAQ button beside the desired FAQ.
- A link to the FAQ info will be inserted into your note.
- Save your note and send email to customer using your preferred method.
(Note: As of 2/24/15 there is a reported bug. Rather than presenting you with a subset of FAQs that correspond to your current ticket's request types, the entire list is displayed so you have to search for the one(s) you want.)
How to Merge Tickets
You can easily create a browser "button" that can be used to jump directly to a specific ticket in WebHelpdesk. Using Firefox, you can add this option to your Bookmarks toolbar. (View -> Toolbars -> Bookmarks Toolbar if you don’t already have it enabled).
Simply right-click on a blank area of the bookmarks toolbar, then choose New Bookmark. Name it whatever you’d like, then paste the following string in the Location field:
To use it just click your new button, type or paste in the desired ticket number, then click OK. That's it!
Caveats: Due to browser security this won’t work in a new/blank tab; it’ll only work on a tab/window where there’s currently content being displayed. Tested in Firefox and Chrome.