Animation assignments will primarily consist of individually driven productions with minimal items borrowed from the Equipment Room. Animation students will use lightboxes, animation stands, DSLR cameras, tablets, and scanners to complete assignments ranging from hand-drawn animation to stop-motion animation. Additional audio, video, and lighting equipment and accessories will be used as required by assignment.
Dragon Stop Motion
Workflow from Dragon to After Effects
Workflow from Dragon To Final Cut Pro
Watch these video tutorials
Final Cut Pro
Animation Media Storage
These options are found on any of the 13 Mac Pro Towers in the basement of Axinn. All course work should be saved to the Xsan_Media drive. Nightly backups of project files should also be saved to the Workspace drive.
- Macintosh HD - DO NOT SAVE ANYTHING HERE!
- Workspace - This is a 500GB drive that is intended for temporary storage of large media files. This drive is erased at the end of each semester and is not suitable for extended archived storage. This drive is physically installed in each workstation and the contents/files can only be accessed by that workstation. When saving to this drive please Use the following folder structure: Workspace/Your_Name/Your_Project/Your_Files.
- Xsan_Media - This is a centralized media server with a very large storage capacity. The drive is not physically located within the workstation, but the Xsan_Media icon appears on each workstation as a local drive and the contents of this drive can be accessed from any of the workstations in the basement. The following folder structure will be created automatically upon login: Xsan_Media/Course/Your_Name/ Please organize projects by "Project_Name" within the "Your_Name" folder.
- The WiebeTech 200GB portable hard drives are available for extended checkout for courses that meet in Axinn 105 and do not have access to the Xsan Server or for Independent Study students.
- CD's and DVD's are available in the equipment office in support of curricular uses such as screenings and presentations. For all other uses CD's and DVD's can be purchased at the campus bookstore.
LIS has several File Servers available for student use.