Difference between revisions of "Argos Resources and Training"
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
* '''Report User training'''
* '''Report User training'''
** Monterey report users can receive training via special request. For a special training request for a '''group''', please follow this link to file a ticket in the Web Helpdesk - [https://webhelpdesk.middlebury.edu/helpdesk/WebObjects/Helpdesk.woa/wa/TicketActions/new?rt=133 Training Request]
Revision as of 11:40, 25 February 2018
Training as an Argos Data-Block Designer, Report Writer, and Report User is available through several channels including on-demand videos provided on the Evision’s website and scheduled in-person training provided by ITS.
Datablock creation, report creation and report viewing requires access to data from Banner. If you have recently started at Middlebury, or have changed roles or jobs, please talk to your supervisor to confirm you have the right Banner data access.
On-demand Training Resources
Follow these steps to access on-demand training:
- Go to http://support.evisions.com/Support/ProductSupport/Argos.aspx
- First time Argos users will need to click "register" and create an account. Please note this account is separate from your Middlebury account - keep the ID and password for future reference.
- Click on the Free Online Training link
- Scroll down to “On demand online training” and click on the plus (+) sign to open this up
- Click on the first two trainings (in this order).
- Report Viewer Training
- Report Writer Training
If you want additional videos, click on Documentation and Software link, select Argos and then click on “Search Now”.
After the page refreshes, scroll down and you can download and watch the videos.
Additional Training Opportunities
- Walk-in help sessions have been scheduled on the main Middlebury VT Campus for Argos in LIB 140 on Friday afternoons from 1:30-4:30 ET.
- The sessions will focus on the conversion of reports from Hyperion to Argos through the end of May.
- All sessions are open to report users, report writers and datablock designers. If you have specific questions you would like addressed in the help sessions, please contact email@example.com
- Monterey participants can join via Zoom. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to receive help via Zoom during this time period.
- Report User training
- Monterey or Middlebury report users can receive training as a group via special request. For a special training request for a group, please follow this link to file a ticket in the Web Helpdesk - Training Request
Helpful Evisions Argos Documentation and Resources
- Evisions Argos Help Site - Specific information about getting started with different aspects of Argos
- Evisions CO-OP - Forums and community for sharing knowledge and reports with other schools
- Evisions Argos Support - Wiki about Argos (and other Evisions products) and links to Evisions ticketing system.