Difference between revisions of "Banner patron load"
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
Revision as of 09:44, 28 January 2015
Borrower database download from Banner - weekly procedure
1. Open Millennium Circulation with a supervisor "czar" login
2. Click "Data Exchange" on the left
3. Select "Load Patron Records" from the pull-down menu
4. Find the most recent load (in the format YYMMDD.pfts) usually at the bottom, and highlight it
5. Click "Prep P" at the top right
6. Click "Start" at the bottom. When it is done - click close in the upper right.
7. Select the same file, only now in the yymmdd.pat format (one line above the last line)
8. Click "Load" in the upper right
9. Click "Test" at the bottom
10. Click "Load" at the bottom
11. Check for any errors
By Borrower Groups
- Staff: Music applied faculty enter the system (and get updated periodically) as staff. Once a semester, run a list of patrons with "applied music" in their note field and change them to ptype 52 music faculty.
- Winter: WT Faculty - End of winter term; when WT ends may extend borrowing through Summer Term as a courtesy guest (ptype 107) or alum if appropriate; set date for 9/30/20XX; replace college address and email with home contact info (may teach next WT); edit note field "Winter Term faculty 20XX" and current status - ie alum'XX or guest courtesy
- Spring: recent Feb grads have student privileges until May graduation
- Summer: recent grads; may be alum or summer staff; update ptype to reflect current status; enter home address; update email; phone, etc.; remove exp. date from record