Difference between revisions of "Banner patron load"
|Line 29:||Line 29:|
Revision as of 09:15, 16 May 2016
Borrower database download from Banner - weekly procedure
- Open Millennium Circulation with a supervisor "czar" login
- Click "Data Exchange" on the left
- Select "Load Patron Records" from the pull-down menu
- Find the most recent load in the format YYMMDD.pfts (e.g., library_patrons_160425.pfts or library_patrons_miis_160425.pfts for Monterey) usually at the bottom, and highlight it
- Click "Prep P" at the top right
- Click "Start" at the bottom. When it is done - click close in the upper right.
- Select the same file, only now in the yymmdd.pat format (one line above the last line)
- Click "Load" in the upper right
- Click "Test" at the bottom
- Click "Load" at the bottom
- Check for any errors
By Borrower Groups
- Staff: Music applied faculty enter the system (and get updated periodically) as staff. Once a semester, run a list of patrons with "applied music" in their note field and change them to ptype 52 music faculty.
- Winter: WT Faculty - End of winter term; when WT ends may extend borrowing through Summer Term as a courtesy guest (ptype 107) or alum if appropriate; set date for 9/30/20XX; replace college address and email with home contact info (may teach next WT); edit note field "Winter Term faculty 20XX" and current status - ie alum'XX or guest courtesy
- Spring: recent Feb grads have student privileges until May graduation
- Summer: recent grads; may be alum or summer staff; update ptype to reflect current status; enter home address; update email; phone, etc.; remove exp. date from record