BlackBox Wireless Presentation
Wireless Video Presentation System II by BlackBox
- power supply
- USB key
January term, 2010: RESERVED for use in MBH411 by Professor Chris Watters
QuickStart Instructions - page numbers refer to instruction manual on USB key. user manual pages - manual is kept on USB key
Quick setup for WPS box (p.9):
- Connect the VGA cable to the WPS box’s VGA connector
- Turn on the WPS box using the On/Off switch at the rear of the box
Plug in Ethernet cable from active connection to port on WPS. Device registered on network 12/17/09 (300-day registration period) - bridged connection - any one unregistered laptop sharing connection results in entire pool of devices in the Registration VLAN (meaning limited network connection - defaulting to http://cmrc.middlebury.edu/registration). Admin login allows changing of whether no traffic is passed (default), all, or just http/https.
- Must be joined to WPS wireless network - see below
- Load web page for WPS - http://ip_address where the IP address is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
- Record the 4-digit code at top left of screen - to be shared with all who need to connect in that session.
- Click on conference control link and enter password. Manage list of connected computers and choose which to display.
Quick Start Guide for PC (p.10):
- Enable your laptop wireless and select WPS
- Open your browser. You will be redirected to the WPS main page automatically.
- Download the client software. Select Run as required. A WPS shortcut will appear on your desktop
- Enter the Login Code, which will be located in the upper left of the projection screen.
- Click on the Play button to begin projection - not applicable, if joining session with conference control
Quick Start Guide for Mac (p.28)
- Insert thumbdrive into USB port. Click Ignore if warning box appears.
- Dbl-Click WVS-Pro.dmg folder
- Once the WPS-Pro menu box appears, drag the WPS-Pro file to Applications
- Close all windows and eject thumbdrive
- Open Applications, select WPS-Pro
- Enter the Login Code, which will be located in the upper left of the projection screen
- In the wireless selector, select WPS, press enter
- Click on the Play button to begin projection- not applicable, if joining session with conference control
- NOTE—Macs will only be able to present, no other functions are available at this time.