Records for Blu-ray videorecordings should have the following information:
- 007 $e s [video format = "Blu-Ray Disc"]
- 090 call number: add B at end of date
- 250 Do not add Blu-ray in ed.statement
- 300 1 videodisc
- 538 Blu-ray Disc [instead of DVD]
- 538 This Blu-ray disc will not play in standard DVD players or Requires a Blu-ray player or Blu-ray player required)
*655 7 Blu-ray.|2MDY
- Item record:
Add message: Requires a Blu-ray player or Blu-ray player required Add item volume: "'Blu-ray'"
- Container: Blu-rays should be recased into locking blue cases
- Note: if there are 2 versions of the film packaged together on multiple discs, one of which is standard DVD disc version of film, create separate item records for each and package separately: Blu-ray in blue case, DVD in black case. Include separate call numbers for each item record ending in B or D as applicable. Also add item volume designation Blu-ray or DVD as applicable. Band together and add slip so that P&P will create inserts as appropriate.
Additional resource: OLAC Guide to Cataloging DVD & Blu-ray Discs