Browsing Collection Instructions
- Search MIDCAT to see if we have another copy in the regular stacks. If there is a record in MIDCAT, then this becomes an added copy with a different location and material code. (They must have the same publisher and page numbers to be an added copy).
- If there is no record in MIDCAT, search OCLC and download the record.
- Add Misc. 099 for genre plus the author's last name to the bib record, copy it into the item record as Call No. 099. Genres are:
- SciFi (no period and no space between Sci and Fi)
- French [orItalian,German,Spanish,etc. Use Port for Portuguese]
099 Mystery Christie
099 Italian Rowling
- In back of book: write Browsing followed by call number as it appears in 099
Wellness Collection: use LC call number and write Browsing Wellness at top