Middlebury uses CMS, or "Content Management System" - Microsoft's centralized server. However this will soon be ousted by the revolutionary Drupal, which promises more effective website management using a technology that's free to all.
CMS has no size quota limiting the amount of files you can upload. However, each file uploaded may not be larger than 5 MB.
Detailed CMS Documentation
Detailed CMS documentation is available at:
- http://go.middlebury.edu/webhelp and
If you still don't find the answer to your question, feel free to call or email the Helpdesk x2200, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Request new or modified CMS permissions: Contact the Helpdesk.
- Request a channel deletion: Contact the Helpdesk.
- Request a new channel: Contact Tim Etchells, as outlined here: Channel Creation
Applies to: Pages whose web address begins with www.middlebury.edu (for example, pages whose web address begins with community.middlebury.edu are not editable with CMS)
CMS Content Gets Duplicated
- Symptom: After saving a page in the CMS portions of the content are duplicated automatically.
- Solution: In general, here's what helps: clearing the formatting of the text, deleting the duplicate and saving.
- Detailed guide: CMS content gets duplicated