CONTENTdm Project Client Procedures: Digital Lecture Archive
Revision as of 15:13, 21 December 2009 by Richard Jenkins (New page: #Open Project Client #Click '''Open''' #It should open automatically to your DLA project #For your 1st time using the Project client set up template with default information for the fol...)
- Open Project Client
- Click Open
- It should open automatically to your DLA project
- For your 1st time using the Project client set up template with default information for the following fields: See EDIT METADATA TEMPLATE at left
- Date: 2009 (or current year)
- Language: English
- Genre: Lectures
- Resource type: Moving image
- Format of original: 1 mini-dv ( min.) : sd., col.
- Digital reproduction info:RealPlayer
- Rights holder: Middlebury College. Library. Special Collections
- Recording release: On file in DLIS office
- Date record created: 2009 (or current year)
- Cataloger: your initials
- From the top menu bar, click ADD/URL. Paste in the URL for lecture
- Click Add button
- You may want to resize/enlarge the Media Editor window.
- Add metadata according to [/academics/lis/about/library_info/departments/collection_management_division/catalog_department/formats/dig_coll_metadata/contentdm/metadata_standards.htm Metadata Standards ]document. You may check spelling by clicking the Spell Check button near the top
- To add thumbnail photo:
- Adjust photo to width of 80 pixels using MS Picture Manager, Photoshop, or other editing software
- In Project Client, click Change thumbnail button at left (under ITEM EDITING TASKS); then Browse for picture file
- Follow instructions to upload image
- Save (Item/Save from top menu bar)
- To upload item for approval:
- Close the metadata window, so that your item is arranged horizontally at top of screen.
- Check the box at left.
- Click Upload for approval at left
Your item is now ready for administrator approval.