CONTENTdm Project Client Procedures: Digital Lecture Archive
- Open Project Client
- Click Open
- It should open automatically to your DLA project
|For your 1st time using the Project client set up template with default information for the following fields: (See EDIT METADATA TEMPLATE at left)
- From the top menu bar, click ADD/URL. Paste in the URL for lecture. (Link to URLs: http://muskrat.middlebury.edu/administration/lis/Accordant/DLA/)
- Click Add button
- You may want to resize/enlarge the Media Editor window.
- Add metadata according to Metadata Standards document. You may check spelling by clicking the Spell Check button near the top
Add or change thumbnail photo
- Adjust photo to width of 80 pixels using MS Picture Manager, Photoshop, or other editing software
- In Project Client, click Change thumbnail button at left (under ITEM EDITING TASKS); then Browse for picture file
- Follow instructions to upload image
- Save (Item/Save from top menu bar)
- To upload item for approval:
- Close the metadata window, so that your item is arranged horizontally at top of screen.
- Check the box at left.
- Click Upload for approval at left
Your item is now ready for administrator approval.
Add or change URL after item has been apprved & uploaded
- Use the Project Client to search and find the item & bring it into the project
- With the item in spread-sheet view, right-click on the photo icon, select Change URL, and add the correct one
- Unfortunately, the photo is replaced by a generic image, so you'll need to change the thumbnail again (step 9 above). See more info from the CONTENTdm help site.