CONTENTdm Project Client Procedures: Import multiple files with tab-delimited text
Instructions for adding multiple files from a spreadsheet including metadata and the file/item (pdf, image, etc.)
- Convert Excel spreadsheet to tab-delimited text file (.txt)
- The final column in spreadsheet must be the actual file name, including extension (e.g., s10econ2012jones.pdf; starrlibrary.jpg)
- Spreadsheet and files must be in same folder
- In the Project Client, On the left task pane under Common Tasks, click Add Multiple Items. The Add Multiple Items wizard opens.
- On the Import Method screen, select Import using a tab-delimited text file and browse for the file.
- Click Open and then click Next. The Import Type screen displays.
- Specify files and then click Next. The Display Image Settings screen displays. Select YES
- Click Next. The Map Metadata screen displays. Map the fields in your CONTENTdm collection to the imported field names. The imported field names from your tab-delimited text file appear in the left column.
- Click Next. The Confirm Settings screen displays.
- Review the settings and then click Add Items.
- A progress screen displays as the items are processed. When complete, a summary screen displays the summary and any errors or warnings.
- Click Close. The items are displayed in the project spreadsheet.