CONTENTdm in Collection Management
CONTENTdm is a digital collection management system that consists of three main elements:
- The Acquisition Station where data and images are imported or added
- The CONTENTdm Server where data and images are stored
- The customizable Web-based search client
Do not post any password information to this wiki. It is not secure.
CONTENTdm at Middlebury
Blog - Discuss stuff here, not in email. Others are interested and it's archived and searchable. Midd CDM Blog
Documentation is organized by project.
Middlebury History Online
put the documentation for the Fulkerson project here.
Middlebury College News Bureau
put the documentation for the news bureau project here.
put the documentation for the Historic Architecture project (Anne Callahan project?) here.
Middlebury Digital Lecture Archive
Using the acquisition station The documentation you see here is a local workflow for uploading and cataloging campus lectures on video.
1. Start CONTENTdm Acquisition Station (click icon on desktop) 2. Click Open 3. At the 'Open an existing project' window, choose DLA 4. For your 1st time: using the Acquisition Station set up template with default information : Tools -- Template creator 5. Click the globe icon for 'import URL' ; paste in the URL for lecture 6. Click OK 7. Add metadata according to Metadata Standards document document 8. Click Thumbnail button at bottom left, click Custom at next stream, and follow instructions to upload the image.
NOTE: You must crop and size the images you want to use as thumbnails in Adobe Photoshop before you associate them with the lecture and upload them. 80 pixels is the standard width.
9. Save 10. If message appears about submitting for administrator approval, click yes 11. In the next window, you will see your item arranged horizontally at top of screen. At the bottom of screen, click Upload 12. Your item is now ready for administrator approval
For a more detailed look at how the acquisitions station works, see the CONTENTdm online help pages.