Difference between revisions of "Calendar Issue in Entourage"
m (Calendar events created in Entourage appear incorrectly in Outlook or Webmail moved to Calendar Issue in Entourage)
Revision as of 10:02, 21 August 2009
- Problem: Calendar events created in Entourage appear incorrectly, lacking information in Outlook or Webmail. The entries in Entourage have full details such as subject, body, attachment, etc, however in Outlook or Webmail they lack this information and appear with the generic subject "Calendar Item". See these screenshots/pictures for details: Calendar Event Problem with Entourage - Screenshots
- Solution: Install Office 2008, update it to the latest version and then install Entourage Web Services (this is version 13 of Entourage). IF you are experiencing this problem, follow the instructions below. Note that after following these instructions, Entourage will need to re-download all your e-mail/calendar/etc anew, which may take a while.
- If you have Office 2004 or earlier, install Office 2008, then follow the steps below. Contact the Helpdesk for help with installing Office 2008.
- If you have Office 2008, open Entourage, click on the Help menu and click "Check for Updates". The Microsoft Autoupdate application will open - use that to check for updates and follow the on-screen prompts to install the updates.
- Repeat the above process until Microsoft Autoupdate reports that there are no more updates available.
- When Microsoft Autoupdate reports that there are no more updates available, use your Finder to connect to smb://middfiles.middlebury.edu/middfiles then open Software => Software-Macintosh and double-click Entourage13
- In the window that appears, double-click 1 - Entourage Web Services and follow the on-screen instructions to install Entourage web services. When the installation completes, double click 2 - Entourage Easy Account Setup and follow the on-screen instructions.