Difference between revisions of "Canvas"
(→How do I create one Canvas site for all sections of my course?)
|Line 82:||Line 82:|
Revision as of 07:55, 30 August 2017
- 1 General
- 2 Create Your Canvas Courses
- 3 Student Access
- 3.1 How will my students find my Canvas Course Site?
- 3.2 How do I give students access to my Canvas Course Site?
- 3.3 Why can't my students see my Canvas course?
- 3.4 My student is registered for my course in Banner, but her name was not added to my Canvas site. Why?
- 3.5 How do I add an auditor to Canvas?
- 3.6 How do I give a faculty member access to Canvas placement exams?
- 4 Your Canvas Experience
- 5 Help
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that can be used for creating course websites, online quizzes, exams and forums.
Should I use Canvas or Sites (Wordpress)?
Both Canvas and Sites (WordPress) can be used for creating course websites. To help you decide which you should use, see our Course Management Overview.
How do I log into Canvas?
Log into Canvas with your Middlebury username and password.
I am having trouble editing/grading/viewing my Canvas site, what web browser should I use?
Updated versions of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari work well, however if you are using the Speedgrader you should not use Firefox as this component is not compatible with that browser.
Create Your Canvas Courses
How do I create a course site in Canvas?
Create a Canvas course site through the Course Hub.
How do I reuse a previous Canvas course?
You can reuse a previous Canvas course by using the Import tool. Step by step instructions
How do I create one Canvas site for all sections of my course?
Create a new Canvas via the Course Hub for one section, then link the Canvas course to your other sections. Step by step instructions
Instructions from the Canvas Guides
Create New Content
- How do I upload a file to a course?
- How do I create a new page in a course?
- What is the Rich Content Editor?
- How do I create a module?
- What assignment types are available in Canvas courses?
- How do I create an assignment shell in an assignment group?
- What quiz types are available in Canvas courses?
- How do I create a quiz with individual questions?
- How do I create a discussion as an instructor?
- How do I use the Syllabus as an instructor?
- How do I use the Calendar?
Organize Course Content
- How do I use the Course Setup Checklist?
- How do I change the Course Home Page?
- How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?
- What are the Canvas settings at the course level?
How will my students find my Canvas Course Site?
Students can get to your Canvas site from the CourseHub.
How do I give students access to my Canvas Course Site?
1-2 days after students register for your course in Banner, they will be automatically added to your Canvas course. Once you are ready for your students to view your Canvas course, be sure to publish the course.
Why can't my students see my Canvas course?
By default, new Canvas course sites are not visible to students. Once you are ready for your students to view your Canvas course, be sure to publish the course.
My student is registered for my course in Banner, but her name was not added to my Canvas site. Why?
Students will be added to your Canvas course automatically 1-2 days after they register for the course in Banner. If the student is unable to access the course after 1-2 days, contact the Help Desk.
How do I add an auditor to Canvas?
Students must register in the course as auditors in Banner. 1-2 days after they register, they will have access to Canvas. If the auditor is not a currently enrolled Middlebury student, they must get permission from both the instructor of the course and the Registrar's Office before they can be added to the auditors list. Complete rules on auditing a course can be found in the College Handbook under Academics, Course Registration and Conduct of Courses Section D. Audits.
How do I give a faculty member access to Canvas placement exams?
Access to placement exams are managed by the faculty and Academic Coordinators in the department.
Your Canvas Experience
How do I manage my email notifications?
Customize your Messaging settings in your Canvas Profile. View notification preferences video here.