JAMF’s Casper is a program we use to provide remote software installation and management of Macintosh computers owned by Middlebury College. We ask all faculty and staff who have been assigned Mac computers to install this application from Middfiles. (Please do not install Casper on personally-owned computers; it is for College machines only.) For more information about Casper, see the Casper FAQ.
- Note that all computers distributed by LIS since July 2011 already have Casper. If you see an application called Self-Service under Applications/Utilities, your Mac already has Casper and you do not need to follow the instructions below.
Casper Installation Instructions
- Verify that you are using a College-owned computer (look for a blue sticker with a Midd number.)
- Go to Software/JAMF Casper Quick Add.
- Click on the zip file QuickAdd-9_3.pkg.zip to download it.
- Once the zip file has been downloaded, double-click on it to have the Mac OS expand the compressed file. Find the .pkg that it expanded and double-click on the package to run the installer.
- When the installation is complete, check Applications > Utilities for an application called Self Service. The presence of this application indicates successful installation.