Currently, most of the documentation and information relating to cataloging at Middlebury can be found on the Cataloging Dept. web page.
Specifically, there you will find information on:
- AACR2, LCRI, & MARC Standards
- Call Numbers, Subject Headings, & Genre Headings
- Connexion & OCLC Help
- Foreign Language Materials
- Innovative (Millennium)
- Specific Formats
- Supporting Corporations & Organizations
Cataloging Updates and Reminders
- Accompanying material (from AACR2): If the accompanying material is issued in a pocket inside the cover of the publication, give its location in a note. (i.e., not 300 $e). So: 500 _ _ Four maps on 2 folded leaves in pocket or 500 _ _ DVD (4 3/4 in) in pocket.
- When including a volume number in the call number (as with classed together monographic series), do not put a space between the period and the volume number (e.g., v.1 not v. 1)
- Remember that since all series are now traced, none should be entered as490 _ 0. If you need to create a series authority because none exists, create via Connexion, save to online file, alert Terry (print copy of page(s) where you found series info)
- Remember to add 655 7 XXXX language films.$2 local for films in all languages other than English (macro Ctrl-F3)