Closing Davis Family Library
BEGIN - AS ACTIVITY ALLOWS - 30 MINUTES PRIOR TO CLOSING BUT BE PREPARED TO STAY 15 MINUTES AFTER CLOSING TO COMPLETE ALL CLOSING PROCEDURES
CLASSROOMS: LIB 201, 230, 105, 140, 145 Clear and lock all classrooms. Clear the Wilson Media Lab.
VIEWING CARRELS and VIEWING ROOMS (can be assigned to students)
Turn off any viewing station monitors that are still on, especially in viewing rooms/classrooms on main and lower levels.
UPPER READING ROOMS
- Turn off individual reading lamps in upper level reading rooms.
- Lock Bitner Terrace
P.A. SYSTEM and LIGHTS
- announcements can be made an hour and half hour before closing, at the supervisor's discretion.
- at 15 min prior to closing, use the P.A.: “Your attention please; the Library will be closing in 15 minutes.”
- At closing, turn off the lights using the panel next to the entrance to 250. Press the "all off" button to turn off the lights.
- After the lights go out, use the P.A.: “The library is closing now. Everyone must leave the library before (whatever time we close), however the Wilson Café may be used for study 24/7. Anyone remaining in the library after it is closed will charged with unauthorized access and may be subject to disciplinary proceedings. Please return materials to the circulation desk.”
FRONT DESK (assigned to student employees)
- Check in and sort all returns on appropriate carts, shelves, etc.
- Log off all but 1 computer – leave one on until 15 minutes after closing for patrons returning materials.
- Unplug credit card machine and place it in the "keys" drawer.
- Lock cash drawer under main counter (key with beaded keychain), media closet and fac/staff laptop closet (regular Circ key), laptop cart (laptop cart key), various equipment cabinets/drawers (keys 3-7), return keys to key drawer.
- Lock key drawer, return key to key cabinet in Circ Office.
- Lock Circ Office - 250A (lock on inside of door)
Note: if you have any problems (patrons refusing to leave, front doors not locking automatically, etc.) call Public Safety at x5133.
DOORS AND SIGNAGE (FACILITY)
- Main front doors lock automatically. Contact Campus Safety x5133 with any problems
- Verify that library hours signage at front and back doors is correct- especially before/after any change in hours
Before leaving, the Evening Supervisor should give the ol' "once over" to the Circ area and make sure things are tidy and fully closed up for the night.