Difference between revisions of "Computer Models Supported by the Universal Desktop Image (UDI)"
(Added tag: 'Dell')
(Added tag: 'Apple')
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 17:34, 11 January 2012
The Universal Desktop Image is a pre-configured operating system, combined with a set of software packages. It's meant to:
- deliver the newest software
- unify the look of computers that the College supports, thus making it easier for you to use the computer and for LIS to provide assistance
- keep your computer safe and up-to-date.
Only recent computers purchased by the College are supported. This, effectively, excludes most student-owned computers and faculty/staff-owned computers. This is a broad list of the models supported by the UDI:
Optiplex: GX620, 745, 755, 760, 780.
Latitude: D620, D630, E6400
For public and private computer labs, in addition to the above, we also have to support Optiplex: 260, 270, 280; Dimension 9450 and Latitude D610.
- MacBook, MacBook Pro and MacBook Air.
- Intel-based Desktops: iMac, Mac mini, MacPro.