Computer keeps switching to another language
My computer keeps switching so that I type in another language, what can I do?
Symptoms: While using your Windows computer, your key strokes on the keyboard generate foreign language characters. Problem: A foreign language keyboard is probably installed and was enabled through a keyboard shortcut.
Solution: Disable the keyboard shortcut for switching between foreign keyboards
- Click Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language Options
- Click the Languages Tab -> Click the Details button -> Click the Key Settings button
- Select "Switch between input languages" and click "Change Key Sequence"
- Uncheck both check boxes: "Swith Input Languages" and "Switch Keyboard Layouts"
- Clik OK
- Repeat steps 3-6 for any actions listed under "Hot keys for input languages"