Difference between revisions of "Computing Lab Assistant"
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
* For making calls to the outisde of the middlebury phone
* For making calls to the outisde of the middlebury phone , dial 9 before the rest of the number.
Revision as of 10:37, 14 June 2012
PAGE UNDER CONSTRUCTION
This page is here for reference as to how to be the best Computing Lab Assistant possible.
- Lab Rounds
- A key element of the CLA position, lab rounds must be done thoroughly. The goal is to make sure that everything in the computer lab works the way it is supposed to. All of the computers should start up, and reach a login screen.
- The computers should also be able to login to your account. If this is the problem, first check the ethernet connection to the machine and the wall. If that is secure, then restart the machine, (give the computer a hard restart by holding down on the power button until the machine loses power), and see if that fixes the problem. On windows machines, sometimes several restarts will solve the issue.
- Need help editing the wiki?
- For making calls to the outisde of the middlebury phone network, dial 9 before the rest of the number.